For the Proteostasis Biology Area in Neuroscience Discovery we are seeking an experienced researcher for a bench scientist position. This is an excellent opportunity for a scientist interested in protein homeostasis, misfolding and degradation in the context of neurodegenerative diseases applying state-of-the-art technologies to enable the development of future medicines in the field of neurology.
- Develop, optimize & execute relevant experimental approaches to support drug discovery & development programs in the field of Alzheimer´s and Parkinson’s disease research
- With excellent scientific background and through direct experimental contributions at the bench, provide critical information for drug discovery projects
- Generate and analyze cellular and biochemical data sets; interpret own experimental results to support the understanding of the disease guided by strong knowledge of neuroscience
- Develop and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to validate novel targets in the proteostasis area, focusing on autophagic and proteasomal clearance mechanisms
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team, work together with cellular and molecular biologists, in vivo pharmacologists and medicinal chemists, also across global research sites
- Present research activities / results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmacology or related field with at least 3 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience (8 years of experience for an M.Sc)
- Hands-on experience in developing enzyme assays, cellular assays; knowledge of protein analytical technologies (e. g. immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, WES), molecular biology and cell culture (also transfection / transduction of clonal and primary cells)
- Track-record in autophagy or other proteostasis-related research, and scientific background in neurodegenerative diseases
- Expertise in developing imaging assays and approaches to detect protein-protein interactions (high content imaging, proximity ligation assays) is a plus
- Experience obtained in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable
- Highly motivated and self-driven, with great communication and presentation skills, excellent team player
- Fluency in English
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a world-class team
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.