Job title: Asia Regional Marketing Manager, Macmillan Education
Line manager: Regional Director, Education Asia
Location: Shanghai, China
Purpose of the role:
Leading Macmillan Education product marketing and campaigns in Asia by planning and executing effective marketing via traditional and digital channels of communication with customers, both external (decision makers/teachers) and internal (Asia sales teams). This role manages all aspects of campaigns and product marketing from regional level and will represent Asia in global marketing campaigns group. The role also line manages regional and local marketing team.
1. Create and execute marketing plan and budget for language learning and curriculum products and campaigns in Asia.
1) Align marketing plan with business strategy, focus on identified key markets to drive growth
2) Develop regional brand and content marketing plan, craft key messaging and positioning of products, develop regional marketing assets;
3) Create product knowledge development programme and translate into actionable sales tool (internal): sales packs, comparative competition analysis, collaterals, and work with regional trainers for regular product trainings for sales teams;
4) Lead on regional campaigns and create product communication to teachers and decision makers (external): promotional materials, product launch, special offers, pricing;
5) Support local teams at conferences and events for concept development and collateral design.
2. Contribute to regional digital communications, set digital channel (including email campaigns) for acquisition of new customer data, utilize international/enhance regional social media channels for communication with customers.
3. Data-driven, measure and report the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to constantly improve lead generation.
4. Work closely with global product and publishing teams to keep local markets informed about product development and export opportunities.
5. Collate market intelligence to report back on trends and product feedbacks in the region.
6. Line managing regional product marketing team and local marketers in key markets (China and Southeast Asia).
1. Work closely with Regional Senior Professional Development Manager (and team)
2. Work closely with Country Managers and sales teams
3. Work in liaison with the global marketing and publishing teams (UK)
Key performance indicators:
1. Feedback from external customers and sales team
2. Website, email and digital statistics, number of database records acquired through both offline and online campaigns
3. Comprehensive Marketing Intelligence
4. Effective communication of central product releases
5. Keeping with allocated budget
University degree or above, with major in marketing, education, English preferred
1. Knowledge of comprehensive marketing techniques and concepts
2. Chinese native or Mandarin speaker
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, a good presenter
4. Strong understanding of current B2B and digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
5. Excellent organisation and planning skills. A problem solver, ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment
6. People management skills
7. Occasional travels in Asia and to the UK
1. 5+ years’ of progressive marketing experience including product marketing and content marketing, experience in digital marketing is a plus
2. B2B marketing experience preferred
3. Knowledge of English Language Teaching market or general education market preferred, experience of teaching or training not required but is a plus
4. Asia (particularly China/SEA) marketing experience an asset
5. Team management expertise preferred