Computational Neuroscience Modeller
Certara UK Limited (Quantitative Systems Pharmacology, QSP)
Closing Date for Applications: Midnight (UK time), 12th May 2019
Line of Management: Senior Vice President QSP Position Type: Full Time
Salary and benefits: Dependent on qualifications, experience and location
Location: QSP offices in Sheffield or Canterbury (United Kingdom). Alternative locations and flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on individual circumstances.
Certara is expanding its Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) services in Neurodegeneration and has bold ambitions to revolutionise drug discovery and development in this area of highest medical and societal need. As a result, we have an immediate opening for a Computational Neuroscience Modeller to join our QSP group. This is a unique opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team in a world-class organisation and utilise your advanced computational skills to make a difference to the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases.
Successful applicants will contribute to the development of multi-scale QSP models for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Specifically, they will develop biophysically realistic neuronal circuit-level computer models, linking pathways, pharmacological effect and clinical outcomes.
- PhD and at least 2 years postdoctoral experience in computational biosciences
- Strong publication record (commensurate with level of experience)
- Experience in computational neuroscience and neural modelling with NEURON or equivalent software
- Excellent programming skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Combines scientific excellence with ability to make impact in drug discovery and development programs in a timely manner
- Ability to work virtually with project teams across different locations and time zones
- Experience in QSP modelling
- Experience in modelling neurodegenerative diseases
- Experience working in drug discovery and development
Certara is a world leader in bio-simulation which combines sophisticated research and development informatics with the power of predictive science methodologies to span the drug development spectrum and offer pharma a previously unavailable ‘end-to-end’ solution in the quest for improving human health. The Certara UK division develops industry-standard mechanistic models and tools in the areas of physiologically-based pharmacokinetics (PBPK), quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) and quantitative systems toxicology and safety (QSTS).
Certara combines sophisticated research and development informatics with the power of predictive science methodologies to span the drug development spectrum and offer pharma a previously unavailable ‘end-to-end’ solution in the quest for improving human health.
Please send your CV, covering letter and the names of two references to the Certara Careers Page: www.certara.com