Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
We provide in vitro safety and Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion (ADME) data packages that allow selection of best drug candidates while enabling lean and fast development. We establish innovative tailor made solutions to address human relevance of safety flags, support clinical dose selection and provide compliant data packages for clear decision making and regulatory filing.
We integrate cutting edge science to deliver fast and predictive ADME & Safety solutions for Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). Our collaborative spirit and ad-hocracy mindset allows for tailored, human-relevant solutions using advanced cellular models. We provide translational approaches bridging human cells to patients.
You think “just contributing” is not enough? You would like to pave the way how we do drug safety assessment in future?
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist dedicated to the development and application of advanced human cellular models such as 3D cell culture, organ-on-a-chip and microphysiological systems to support the safety assessment of small and large molecule drug candidates.
You will be part of a team of skilled and dedicated scientists, developing and implementing new approaches towards improved in vitro safety assessments of new drugs.
You will innovate, develop and apply state-of-the-art cellular models and most modern imaging readouts to improve and accelerate human relevant safety assessment while reducing animal use. By this you will directly impact pre-clinical and clinical research with your expertise in cellular biology, complex cellular in vitro models and imaging.
- Ph.D. degree in cell biology, bioengineering or related fields.
- Significant experience with human cell culture, ideally including stem-cells (iPS), 3D models, microphysiological systems and organ-on-a-chip technologies.
- Excellent skills in immunostaining, confocal imaging and quantitative image analysis.
- Good understanding of neuroscience and molecular biology is highly desired.
- Independent research skills such as designing, executing and interpreting experiments, as demonstrated by previous publications.
- Documenting, reporting and presentation of research results in internal and external meetings
- Exceptional communication skills, strong passion and dedication to science and work well within a group.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered – someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.