Job Title: Editorial Engagement Assistant, Springer Nature
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organised Editorial Engagement Assistant.
The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Editorial Engagement to implement new initiatives to inform, engage and earn the loyalty of the editorships of externally run Springer Nature journals, and to better motivate them to contribute to the development and running of the journals they serve.
The goals of the Editorial Engagement team are to:
● Build closer relationships with the tens of thousands of external editors so that our journals are their priority.
● Give our Editors confidence in us as a publisher so that they trust us to support their interests and are ambassadors for Springer Nature in their communities
● Provide our editors with the tools and skills to become first-class in their roles and ensure their adherence to best practice.
● Enable the day-to-day running of the BMC Series and Scientific Reports editor communities, for example by maintaining the communication plans, managing users and reporting on success measures.
● Working with internal and external stakeholders, prepare written and multimedia communications to motivate external editors, for distribution via the editor community sites and other online platforms.
● Support the development of new initiatives to engage the BMC Series and Scientific Reports Editorial Boards.
● Facilitate the coordination of our external editor training programme and the development of new training initiatives.
● Maintain the content on the Springer Nature sites for editors and peer reviewers, and related sites (such as BMC For Editors sites), and support the development of these sites to meet market needs.
● Support editorial engagement projects by carrying out research activities, monitoring their progress and measuring success.
● Support the organisation of external editor events, including working with colleagues to shape the program, liaising with speakers, close collaboration with events management team, coordinating and preparing content, awareness raising during and after events (e.g. via social media) in the wider community.
● Serve as a liaison with the external editor advisory group, including regular contact, virtual and in-person meetings.
● Maintain the Editorial Engagement Team’s intranet page.
● Support the management of ad-hoc company communications to external editors.
● Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
● Excellent English language, communication skills
● Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills
● Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
● Willing to travel internationally to Springer Nature-hosted events
● A high level of computer literacy
● A positive approach to problem-solving
● Interest in research communication
● Good presentation and meeting skills
The candidates with relevant experience of STM journal publishing, with a good understanding of peer review and experience of project management, with cross-departmental stakeholders will be considered for a senior position level.
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining your key ambitions in the role, including your salary expectations and notice period.
Closing date: 24th April 2019 (candidates will be considered as they apply, therefore early applications are encouraged)