For 60 years, HHMI has been moving science forward. We’re an independent, ever-evolving philanthropy that supports basic biomedical scientists and science educators with the potential for transformative impact. We invest in people, not projects. We encourage collaborative and results-driven working styles and offer an adaptable environment where employees can function at their highest level. As HHMI scientists continue to push boundaries in laboratories and classrooms, you can be sure that your contributions while working at HHMI are making a difference.
The Investment team at HHMI is responsible for managing HHMI’s $20 billion endowment which funds HHMI’s activities. This team has an exciting opportunity for an organized, team-oriented, administrative professional!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This position will support a variety of administrative requirements for the Investment Department's office:
- General office and administrative support.
- Responsible for daily front office operations including phone coverage, supply orders, filing, and manage the workflow of various documentation (i.e. signatures and distribution channels).
- Assists in the planning and coordination of quarterly Trustee and Investment Advisory Committee (IAC) meetings as well as related presentations, travel arrangements, and execution.
- Coordinates, maintains, and publishes the department calendar of meetings and events.
- Provides administrative support for the CRM and document management systems; ensures accurate data entry as well as maintenance and compliance of content.
- Coordinates approval, payment, and reconciliation for departmental expenditures.
- Assists with annual departmental budget and mid-year budget forecast.
This role will interface with Trustees and IAC members, department Managing Directors, external investment managers, brokers, vendors, and other third parties to organize and coordinate schedules, events, and travel details and to provide administrative support.
The Administrative Assistant will work as a part of a team and be required to prioritize their work to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Working at our Headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD, you will have the opportunity to showcase your attention to detail, the ability to work well both with others as well as independently, and your strong communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of increasing responsibility in administrative areas.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and other technology tools.
- Meeting management, contact management, document management, and other relevant software experience preferred.
- Experience working in investments, asset management, securities industry, banking, finance or related field preferred.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.