The Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/ is seeking postdoctoral candidates with a background in cancer biology or tumor immunology to lead a project investigating the role of the APOBEC3 family of cytidine deaminases in chromothripsis and genomic instability in urothelial carcinoma. The project is funded by a recent STARR Cancer Consortium grant http://www.starrcancer.org/docs/default-source/12th-grant-competition/12-0030.pdf?sfvrsn=fe2b2664_2
Our well-funded and diverse laboratory is a vibrant and stimulating environment for scientific growth and fostering the independent careers of postdoctoral trainees.
Faltas BM, Prandi D, Tagawa ST, Molina AM, Nanus DM, Sternberg C, Rosenberg J, Mosquera JM, Robinson B, Elemento O, Sboner A, Beltran H, Demichelis F, Rubin MA. Clonal evolution of chemotherapy-resistant urothelial carcinoma. Nature Genetics. 2016 Dec;48(12):1490-1499. doi: 10.1038/ng.3692.
Vlachostergios PJ, Faltas BM. Treatment resistance in urothelial carcinoma: an evolutionary perspective. Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology. 2018 Aug;15(8):495-509. doi: 10.1038/s41571-018-0026-y.
• Ph.D. with a background in cancer genomics, cancer biology or immunology. The Ph.D. be awarded/expected date should be between 2017-2019.
• Evidence of productivity from publications in high-quality journals originating from Ph.D. or postdoctoral work. Manuscripts that are finally accepted for publication in high-quality journals will also be considered as evidence of productivity.
• Significant expertise in other molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
• Experience in murine cancer models is a plus.
• Capable of working independently with appropriate supervision on assigned projects as well as in a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with good organizational and analytical abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, and creativity.
• Motivated to pursue postdoctoral training required for a future independent academic career.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Please email CV, statement of research interests, copies of previous publications and the names and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Bishoy Faltas firstname.lastname@example.org