Purpose & relevance for the organization
Our research into cell factory design and optimization heavily relies on high quality data. Our Center has set ambitious targets to increase the usage and value of our data. Methods such as machine learning are data hungry, which requires continuous work on reusability and sharing of data across research projects. You will play a key role in realizing this ambition by further professionalizing our data science organization.
As a Research Data Manager you take a leading role in ensuring high data and metadata quality, and data reusability for data scientists and other users of data in our organization.
- Working with data owners on processes to enable and ensure data and metadata quality
- Performing routine data management activities like analysis, cleansing, and reporting
- Working with our data scientists on data analysis projects to ensure that the data used in the projects is of highest possible quality
- Aligning data collection and manipulation processes with our research partners in Sweden and the US
- Participating in development of research data management solutions as an expert in data quality, standards and governance
- Developing and enforcing metadata and data standards
- Governance of utilization of data in our data warehouse, data lake, and data catalogue
- Keeping up with best practices in industry regarding data stewardship and governance
You will report directly to the Director Data Science and Automation.
Our expectations of you
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with attention to detail and a strong interest in life science R&D. You work in an organized manner and enjoy working with stakeholders to improve data and metadata standardization, quality and governance.
- A MSc or PhD degree in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Data Science or a related field
- Domain expertise in life science research & development
- Familiarity with life science (-omics) data and data formats relevant to life sciences
- Familiarity with databases and basic scripting / programming (preferably Python)
- Familiarity with biological data visualization and basic statistical analyses of data
- Work experience in implementation of data standards, data quality and/or data governance
- Experience in working in agile projects
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The workplace is DTU main campus in Lyngby near Copenhagen.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 10 May 2019.
Apply at www.career.dtu.dk, find the job vacancy and open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Markus Herrgård (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Center for Biosustainability
Today, plastic bags, toys, cancer drugs, fuel and food ingredients are manufactured from chemical materials based on oil or extracted from plants. But this way of manufacturing depletes natural resources and increases carbon dioxide emissions. Therefore, the products should instead be produced using sustainable biotechnological processes. Achieving this, requires a massive research effort in industrial biotechnology. The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) at is the world’s first interdisciplinary research centre within sustainability. A primary aim of the Center is to develop new knowledge and technology that can support the transformation from a petrochemical industry to a more sustainable bio-based industry, in which chemicals are produced biotechnologically using microbial production hosts, cell factories.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.