London, Kings Cross Campus
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
medwireNews provides healthcare professional news and feature content across the whole of medicine. We publish the top news stories from the world’s leading peer-reviewed medical journals and international conferences to bring our audience the latest, most important findings in the fast-moving world of medical research and clinical trials..
We are looking for a medwireNews writer to join the team in our London Kings Cross office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing daily news stories for independent medical education platforms. They will also contribute ideas and provide editorial support for feature content published on these independent medical education websites.
This is an exciting role, offering the successful candidate international travel opportunities and the chance to develop and learn from an established team of experts in their field. A life sciences degree is required, and while previous medical writing experience is desirable, it is not essential.
To find out more about us, visit our website: http://ime.springerhealthcare.com/medwirenews/
• Editorial work
• Source, write, edit, review and proofread daily news content to a high level of scientific and clinical accuracy, flow and consistency to ensure high-quality stories are delivered to deadline
• Schedule editing of daily news stories
• Liaise and build relationships with clinical experts for interview and independent comment
• Source images to accompany news and feature content
• Gain a good working knowledge of a novel therapy area quickly and stay abreast of the latest issues and advances
• Write engaging tweets for news stories and monitor social media activity
• Co-ordinate the editing and publishing of news coverage from international conferences
• Content development
• Attend local conferences to build knowledge of therapy areas of interest and identify potential leads and educational gaps for content creation, as appropriate
• Provide editorial and some technical support for video and audio interview creation.
• Attend content development meetings and contribute ideas for content, news page design and layout
• Strong editing and proofreading experience
• Life science degree
• Proven ability to prioritize workload and meet tight daily deadlines
• Familiarity with online content and content management systems
• Proactive and resourceful team player
• Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
• Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical communications sectors
• Demonstrated ability in medical writing and communication of scientific research findings
• Some journalistic training
• Familiarity with conference reporting or organisation