University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources
The Department of Biotechnology, Group Himmelbauer is currently seeking a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
(Reference code: 63)
Extent of employment: 40 Hours per Week
Duration of employment: 01st of June 2019, limited to 31st of May 2022
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement
for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 3.803,90
We are a multidisciplinary team focusing on the genomics of crop plants; our labs are located at the BOKU Muthgasse campus well connected to the city centre of Vienna. In the past years, our research efforts included genomes of cultivated and wild beets (Dohm et al. Nature 2014) and related species. The group has contributed to the analysis of additional genomes such as common bean, bladderwort, and different insect species. We offer a friendly and supporting atmosphere, and state-of-the-art computing infrastructure (see http://seq.boku.ac.at).
The position offers developing options towards an academic career. We are looking forward to expanding our team by a dedicated and strongly motivated person with distinct interest in challenges of bioinformatics in the context of plant genome analysis.
- Scientific research in bioinformatics, genomics, and evolution of crop plants and their wild relatives, supporting and extending current research lines of the bioinformatics group
- Teaching activities in English and/or German
Required skills and qualifications
- Doctorate degree with scientific focus on genome bioinformatics or computational biology
- Postdoctoral experience is beneficial
- Experience with the analysis and interpretation of large data sets, in particular high-throughput sequencing data from eukaryotic organisms
- Solid programming skills/scripting skills (e.g. Perl or Python; Linux shell-scripting)
- Excellent publication record
Applications can be submitted until: 10th of May 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application (incl. letter of motivation, CV, publication list, scientific experience and contact details for three referees) in a single pdf file (max. 5 Mb) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (Reference code: 63), Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70.
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.