“I want to fit in and stand out”
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation.
Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
To complete our Brain Health Department, we are looking for a R&D Specialist Gut-Brain Axis who is able to demonstrate excellent creative skills, to drive product innovation at Nestlé Research.
Demonstrating excellent creativity and scientific curiosity, you will develop and lead highly collaborative research projects to identify nutritional interventions, leveraging the gut-brain axis to support brain health across lifespan. You will lead the design, implementation and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies as well as contribute to scientific communication material, patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- Develop and lead highly collaborative research projects to identify nutritional interventions leveraging the gut-brain axis to support brain health and healthy aging
- Integrate scientific knowledge with business, intellectual property and regulatory constraints to identify research directions relevant to product innovation
- Lead the design, implementation and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies
- Work with clinical neuroscientists to design human intervention studies
- Contribute to scientific communication material, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
- Neurobiologist with PhD and 3+ years postdoctoral research experience
- Deep expertise in microbiota-gut-brain axis biology, demonstrated with high impact publications in the field
- Extensive experience with the design of in vivo experiments to study the molecular, cellular, and physiological aspects of gut-brain signaling in mammals, and to study the impact of the gut-brain axis on behavior and brain health
- Expertise in nutrition and nutritional interventions is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English, any other language is an asset
Show us that you have a strong team spirit and you are open to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Reveal us your ideas and your ambitions. If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favorites.
Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.