The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark is announcing one or more professor positions in Computer Science to be filled as soon as possible.
The research activities within Computer Science at the department are organized into three sections:
- Algorithms: focusing on online algorithms, graph algorithms, combinatorial optimization, cheminformatics, cryptography and data structures
- Concurrency and Logic: focusing on choreographic programming, programming languages, microservices, data consistency, DevOps and software engineering
- Data Science and Statistics: focusing on data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics and bioinformatics.
In addition to these areas, research at the department covers a wide area of topics in pure and applied mathematics and mathematical didactics.
The department offers degrees on BSc, MSc and PhD levels in computer science and mathematical areas. The department delivers service teaching in computer science and mathematics across the university. Staff at the department currently include approximately 30 researchers on assistant, associate and full professor level as well as 30 postdocs and PhD students.
A successful applicant is expected to have an outstanding research record in an area within Computer Science represented at the department, as well as documented experience of:
- teaching at different levels within computer science;
- student supervision;
- obtaining external funding;
- service to the research community;
- outreach outside academia, for example to industry, other organizations, or society;
- taking on leadership roles, for example as research leader or within management.
A successful applicant is expected to participate in teaching and supervision at all levels, deliver excellent research and compete successfully for third-party funding. A successful applicant is also expected to contribute with support and direction for the development of the relevant research field as well as the strategic development of the department.
Deadline: 10 May 2019.
Please see the full call, including how to apply, on www.sdu.dk.