Molecular Geneticist/Medical Curator
Deep Genomics is a Toronto based startup aiming to revolutionize genome analysis using machine learning and building a new kind of world-class genetic medicine company. It was founded by a team of scientists from the University of Toronto led by Dr. Brendan Frey, a world-leading researcher in the area of machine learning and genome biology.
We are seeking a highly motivated molecular geneticist (or other life science expert) to curate molecular effects of genetic variants (based on literature, database entries and DG’s proprietary predictors) and addressability of disorders using steric blocking antisense oligonucleotides (considering organ and cell type of origin, available treatments and unmet medical needs).
The position will report directly to the Director of Molecular Genetics and will involve close interactions with other company members.
- PhD in Molecular Genetics or other life sciences, or MD
- Familiarity with genetic variant annotation resources (e.g. RefSeq, Annovar/VEP/SNPeff, dbSNP/gnomAD, SIFT/PolyPhen, UCSC genome browser)
- Experience with human genetic variant interpretation and/or experience with resource curation to identify therapeutic targets
Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Experience interpreting human exome/whole genome data
- Experience with experimental biology techniques (e.g. PCR, western blot)
- Basic working knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. R, Python)
- A track record of peer-reviewed publication in the field of human genetics
What we offer:
- Leading role in developing the future of genomic analysis and therapy
- Inspiring, creative, and fast-moving startup work environment in downtown Toronto
- Competitive compensation package
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.