The Klinikum rechts der Isar university hospital of the Technical University of Munich is a major European center of medical care and education and teaching with 1,161 beds and around 5,500 employees. Every year around 60,000 patients benefit from inpatient and around 250,000 patients from out patient care. The hospital is a supra-maximal care home that covers the entire spectrum of modern medicine. Since 2003, the Klinikum rechts der Isar is an institute of public law of the Free State of Bavaria.
The Department of Medicine II of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Institute of Translational Cancer Research and Experimental Cancer Therapy at TUM and the German Cancer Research Center invite applications for
PhD positions (f/m/d) in Cancer Biology / Immunology and Bioinformatics
at the Center for Translational Cancer Research (TranslaTUM) in Munich.
We are deploying genetic models and bioinformatics to study molecular, immunological and translational aspects of pancreatic cancer. One focus in the past few years was the development of novel preclinical models and organoid-based orthotopic trans plantation strategies to mechanistically analyze sub types of pancreatic cancer. The focus of the advertised projects will be on the identification and functional validation of novel therapeutic targets with a focus on tumor cell intrinsic as well as inflammatory path ways that are required for tumor initiation and progression in vivo (e.g. Nature 2018, 554:62-68; Nat. Rev. Cancer 2017 17:239-253; Nat. Commun. 2016, 7:10770; Nat Med. 2014, 20:1340-7; Cancer Cell. 2013,24:15-29, Cancer Cell. 2013,23:406-20, Nat Commun. 2013;4:1630; PNAS 2011, 108:9945-50).
What you can expect
- We are a young and enthusias tic team and offer intensive training and mentoring.
- The successful candidates (f/m/d) will have the opportunity to learn a wide spectrum of genetic, molecular and cell biology, biochemical as well as immunological and bioinformatics techniques.
- They will be exposed to cutting edge methods to study translational aspects of cancer (e.g. Cre / loxP and Flp / FRT based dual- and triple recombinase systems, organoid culture, orthotopic trans plantations of organoids, CRISPR / Cas9, molecular in vivo imaging, in vivo transposon mutagenesis, RNA and exome sequencing, single cell sequencing, histocytometry).
- They will also be able to gain insights into clinically relevant aspects of cancer development through proximity to the clinical facilities and through the inter disciplinary composition of our team and closely collaborating groups.
Your profile and desired skills
- We are looking for self-motivated bright individuals with a Diploma or Masters Degree in bioinformatics, bio chemistry, biology, molecular / translational medicine or related subjects.
- Previous exposure to and experience with basic biochemical and molecular biologytechniques, proteomics or bioinformatics as well interests in molecular aspects of cancer research is essential.
Payment is according to tarif (TV-L). We give priority to severely disabled applicants (f/m/d) with essentially equal qualifications.
We are looking for ward for your application!
Please send your application including a letter of motivation, CV, certificates, recommendation letters in one PDF file to Prof. Dieter Saur (e-mail: email@example.com).
Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Saur
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München
Ismaninger Straße 22