The Nanoscale Biolectrical Characteritzation group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Early Stage Researcher (ESR) (1 Position) to develop his/her PhD thesis project on the development of ‘Nanoscale electrical characterization of organic electronic biosensors by in-liquid electrostatic force microscopy’ REF. BORGES ESR4 – (2nd Position) to develop his/her PhD thesis project on the development of ‘Multiscale modelling of organic electronic biosensor response’ REF. BORGES ESR15.
The contracts will be within the framework of Marie Skłodowska – Curie Actions ITN European Training Network ETN (BORGES Project).
Check or web site for the requirements of each position:
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org before 01/05/2019 specifying the Reference ESR4 OR ESR15.
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
• The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of his/her host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment.
• Short stays, such as holidays, are not considered.
• Exceptions International Organisations: Eligible researcher must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of selection in the same appointing international organisation.
Admission Criteria for ESRs:
• ESR shall at the date of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree
o Full time 3-year contract paid in accordance with the MSCA rules
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
o Secondments (Spend a period (1-3months) during the PhD to work in another research group belonging to the consortium of BORGES)
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The data of the applicant will be collected in order to realize the selection procedure such as described in Grant Agreement No. 813863 – Horizon 2020 BORGES and will be communicated by IBEC to the Recruitment and Training Committee which is composed by representatives of the beneficiaries having part in the project. The candidate may refer to IBEC in order to exercise her/his rights under art. 15 – 22 Reg. (EU) 2016/679.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu