Postdoctoral Scholar in Pre-Regenerative Biology
@Niethammer Lab, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York City, USA
The lab focuses on Pre-Regenerative Biology, namely, the mechanisms by which tissues detect wounds to initiate healing, inflammation, regeneration, and cancer (Niethammer et al., Nature, 2009; Enyedi et al., Nature Cell Biology; 2013; Enyedi et al., Cell, 2016; Huang et al., Immunity, 2018). We address these mechanisms by quantitative imaging in various model systems including live zebrafish. Projects are available on the biomechanical, chemical, and spatiotemporal regulation of wound detection.
Successful candidates will have access to:
• A vibrant, collaborative working environment with excellent instrumental and intellectual resources for pursuing innovative research and career development.
• Initial funding for at least two years pending on performance. MSKCC postdoctoral fellowships are available for outstanding candidates.
• Competitive salary & subsidized Manhattan housing.
• Candidates must be within one year of obtaining their PhD.
• CV with a complete publication list.
• Statement of research goals and interests.
Philipp Niethammer, PhD;