Job description :
UBO is looking for highly motivated postdoctoral researchers for building innovative projects to apply for a Marie-Sklodowska Curie European Fellowships (MSC-EF) to the next call (11 September 2019).
12 topics and teams are identified for developing your research project in UBO:
Information Science and Engineering :
- COAX – Complex Coaxial Microwave Resonators
- Bidirectional up and down frequency conversions for sub-THz microwave photonics networks
- Modeling the thermo-mechanical behavior of titanium alloys
Marine Sciences :
- Dune dynamics under strong tidal current via innovative in situ measurements
- Delayed demographic responses of early conditions and ontogeny in long-lived species: from individuals to populations
- Developing Quantitative Methods for Ecosystem-Based Environmental Impact Assessment
- The legal protection of Citizen science data: overview of the situation and perspectives applied to marine areas
- Gender roles in coastal communities in small scale fisheries and aquaculture
- Impact of elevated CO2 level on the sensory systems of two teleost species at early life stages
Health sciences :
- The development of multimodular formulations adapted to the Cystic Fibrosis gene therapy
- Prevention of decompression sickness (DCS) : genetic and physiologic characterization of a new rat strain selectively bred for its resistance to DCS
Social Sciences and Humanities :
MSC-EF are prestigious fellowships funded by the European Commission. They offer a rare opportunity to talented scientists: the chance to set up research projects of their own. They provide an attractive grant for 1 to 2 years including salaries (around 2500€ net per month, with social care included) and allowances for mobility, family and research (detailed information on the call ). If funded, the project proposed in September 2019 could start in May 2020.
Fellow application procedures:
We encourage all motivated post-docs wishing to apply for a MSCA fellowship with UBO to send us, as early as possible and at least before the 1*st of May 2019*:
- a CV (including a list of publications and the exact date of your stay in each position and/or country)
- a research outline document (up to 2 pages) identifying the research synergies with the pre-identified topics.
Following the reception of your application, the eligibility of your profile for a MSCA-EF application will be checked, and then the supervisor will select the most promising applications regarding the excellence-based competitive conditions and evaluation criteria of the MSCA-IF programme. They will contact you back in due course for further discussions and proposal co-writing until September 2019. To be crystal clear, this is the responsibility of the fellow to develop and write his/her own application proposal, but the supervisor will be deeply involved in the co-writing of the proposal and you will also receive dedicated support from the European office to write a persuasive proposal in a continuous follow-up process.
If funded, the project proposed in September 2019 could start in May 2020.
MSCA-EF Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be «Experienced Researchers» (i.e. by the time of the MSCA deadline, be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience);
- Applicants can be of any nationality but must not have spent more than 12 months in France in the 3 years immediately prior to MSCA deadline (from Sept. 2016 to Sept. 2019)
About the employer:
Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO) is a multidisciplinary university based in Brittany (France). It offers degree programs in the fields of science, humanities, IT, medicine and law, to 18,000 students (10% of international students).
UBO aims to increase chances of success to the MSC-EF selection for motivated fellows:
- By inviting motivated fellows to our institution to meet their supervisor, to discover available infrastructure, to spend time in their future research environment;
- By offering dedicated support from both our scientific and technical staff to develop a competitive research project and write a persuasive proposal in a continuous follow-up process.
Detailed information page: DEI
If you have any inquiry about applying and available support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org