The Medical Faculty of the University of Basel and the University Hospital Basel is accepting applications for the following position:
Professor for Immunology
• Excellent research and teaching in Immunology
• The option of a limited clinical position of (max. ) 20% at the University Hospital of Basel is possible
• Recognized international trackrecord of independent research in the area of Immunology as well as experience in leading a research group. The thematic focus of the professorship is open and the quality of the candidate (PhD, MD, MD-PhD) will be prioritized.
• Proven ability in procuring competitive third-party funds.
• Dedication and enthusiasm for teaching in Immunology at the University level.
• Team spirit and willingness to actively cooperate with the faculty focal area Immunology in Basel.
• Integrative personality with leadership and organizational talent, who is able to communicate relevant medical questions to both clinicians and basic researchers.
We offer you
The successful candidate will have the following position:
• Professor (open rank) of Immunology in the Medical Faculty of the University of Basel.
• Research group leader in the Department of Biomedicine (DBM) in a competitive and innovative research atmosphere with excellent infrastructure, core facilities and an international PhD program.
• Member of the University of Basel Immunology community (http://www.ubaselimmunology.org/)
• Member of the UpperRhine Immunology network (https://www.urigroup.eu/home/)
The University of Basel stands for excellence and advocates diversity, equal opportunity and family- friendliness.
Application / Contact
For further information please contact the head of the appointment committee, Prof. Daniela Finke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send applications only in electronic form to: Bewerbungenemail@example.com until 30. April 2019.
A guideline for application process can be found at the following link: https://medizin.unibas.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/medizin/Dokumente/Dekanat/Leitfaden_Bewerbungen_englisch.pdf