At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
In Product Development Medical Affairs, PHC (Personalized Healthcare) and Patient Access, we translate personalized healthcare into better patient outcomes, creating and communicating sound medical value to enable rapid, broad and sustained access for patients.
The International Scientific Director (ISD) or International Medical Director (IMD), reporting to the Group International Scientific Director (GISD) for RWD platforms / Personalized Healthcare, is a core role to support the joint planning and execution of the Medical, Education and Evidence Generation Strategy for RWD platforms to further advance our internal and external vision of PHC. This requires a close collaboration with affiliates, international teams and healthcare related partners in order to generate key insights and perspectives.
The role requires an outstanding track record of previous experience in working in RWE or using data platforms such as Flatiron, Navify or similar, excellent strategic agility and ability to drive impactful projects aligned to the PHC and RWD platform vision, experience in execution of typical Medical Affairs activities, ideally paired with knowledge from working within genomic profiling or molecularly matched therapy concepts.
Some key responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for the evidence generation strategy planning and execution, including (but not limited to) identifying medical and access gaps and needs as part of the overall medical strategy
- Responsible for the joint planning and execution of the Medical Strategy for the RWD platform team
- Part of Evidence Generation Strategy Planning and Execution
- Drive the medical education strategy for RWD platforms
- Take the role of Lead Scientific Responsible and act as a member of various teams e.g. International Teams, Cross-functional project teams etc.
- In collaboration with Global Access (GA) and appropriate affiliate partners, you will identify the evidence generation needs/gaps in order to obtain and maintain patient access and integrate them into the evidence generation strategy
- Provide input and support into value dossiers, describing the medical value of comprehensive genomic profiling
- Contribute to the medical education needs assessment
- May be responsible for organization of affiliate briefings and may lead the execution of internal and external medical education materials and Q&A documents
- When appointed and appropriate, may deliver presentations at congresses during medical education events
- Develop advances and maintains TAE interactions and collaborations, including those aimed to set up and conduct evidence generation activities and education activities
- Represent Roche in peer-to-peer interactions with external collaboration partners, including in patient-company interactions
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
If you bring the following qualifications, we are looking forward to your application:
- Professional experience within pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry, preferably in a medical function
- Deep understanding of drug and diagnostic development process and related regulatory requirements
- Experience in implementation of clinical trials
- Previous experience with a product launch is a plus
- Expertise with a wide range of data/ information and knowledge about principles of data analysis and interpretation is required
- Using these principles of data analysis to interpret and assess clinical relevance
- Relevant scientific knowledge in Oncology, in vitro Diagnostics and biomarker analyses
- Experience of partnership with TAEs and external organizations is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of business context, incl. access evidence requirements and external value/decision-making drivers is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Functional competencies, including but not limited to, organization, prioritization and planning skills, strong negotiation skills, effective communication & presentation skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.