Biostatistics Scientist II – high throughput single-cell assays
The Allen Institute for Immunology is seeking outstanding biostatistics research scientists with expertise in single-cell transcriptomics, epigenomics, and high-dimensional mass & flow cytometry.
The institute is launching a series of collaborations focused on understanding the behavior of the immune system in autoimmune diseases and cancer. We are therefore especially interested in individuals with a background in human immunology. For details of the Institute’s research plans and partners, see https://alleninstitute.org/what-we-do/immunology/.
The Allen Institute offers exceptional working conditions, and nurtures diversity and team-science in an intellectually rich and stimulating setting.
We will start reviewing applications and interviewing candidates immediately and will continue until all positions are filled.
- PhD in biostatistics or closely-related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years related post-PhD experience.
- Fluency in R, or other statistical computing languages.
- Working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Understanding of diverse high-throughput single-cell technologies.
- Good understanding of molecular biology, high-throughput technologies, and immunology.
- Strong track record of developing new tools/pipelines.
- Deep experience with high throughput data analysis, power calculations, and design of complex multi-assay experiments.
- Experience in integrative analysis of single cell and bulk data.
- Experience in integrative analysis of multiple data modalities.
- Experience in data visualization, dimensionality reduction and related methods.
- Ability to develop, test, implement, and share new computational/statistical methods quickly, in an iterative manner, after feedback from experimental, data production, and analysis teams.
- Experience studying human immunology.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to track and meet goals and milestones across multiple projects.
Desirable General Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to document work accurately and precisely.
- Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative high paced environment.
- Experience working in a cross disciplinary, team-based environment.
- Experience working with outside collaborators to achieve defined objectives.
- Working at computer and using mouse for extended periods of time.
- Travel Required: 3 – 6 trips per year
- May need to work outside of standard working hours at times.