The position is located within the Neuroscience Discovery organization at Ludwigshafen. The accomplished neurobiologist will make contributions to the execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be executing new in vivo models of neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on Alzheimer Disease and Parkinson Disease. Experience with biochemical, histological and NGS assays would be an asset.
The position is temporary until Nov 2020
- Set up, optimize, validate and conduct pharmacological in vivo studies including dosing of rodents via different routes, sampling of CSF and blood, perfusions, dissection of brain regions etc. with a focus on Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Set up, optimize and validate histology based readouts, such as IHC and ISH. Independently design and execute experiments to address key scientific questions as well as independently analyze data and critically interpret results.
- Identify, develop and optimize new techniques to address critical project needs.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Proficiency in different techniques such as
- Microsurgical procedures including aseptic stereotactic surgeries in rodents
- Immunohistochemistry or in situ hybridization including qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Advanced microscopy skills
- Biochemical, molecular or cell biological expertise would be a plus
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- Master with strong emphasis on neuroscience with a focus on Alzheimer Disease or Parkinson disease and ideally 2-3 years of working experience
- Hands on experience with animal models of Alzheimer Disease or Parkinson Disease
- Capability to work with rodents including performing microsurgeries
- Experience with above mentioned techniques
- Excellent team and communication skills (English, basic knowledge of German advantageous)
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Willingness for occasional overtime and weekend work
WE OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.