Ref.19.03.12 - Research Engineers - Clean Room Process and Maintenance Engineers
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Job type: Full time
Department: Micro and Nanofabrication
Contract duration: 48 months
Closing Date: April 20th 2019, 23h00m (Lisbon Time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking a highly-qualified, self-motivated Research Engineer to reinforce its cleanroom staff and activities within device microfabrication and nanotechnology.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The Research Engineer will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Development of micro and nanodevices: modeling and design, process fabrication, packaging and testing.
- Participate actively in support cleanroom activities involving the several research groups installed at INL (MEMS, Spintronics, Thin Film Semiconductors, Solar Cells, to name a few) as well as activities related to RTD agreements with industrial partners.
- Actively seek participation and funding on national, European and industrial projects.
- Depending on his/her proficiency, the candidate will assume the responsibility for one or more cleanroom systems in terms of operation/processing, maintenance/servicing and training of users.
The diversity of processes that the candidates are able to integrate will be a selection criterion.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- MSc or PhD degree in Physics, Physical Engineering, Materials Science, Electronics, or other relevant subject is required;
- Previous hands-on experience in cleanroom processing and/or maintenance of cleanroom systems is required;
- Previous hands-on experience in cleanroom processing and/or maintenance of cleanroom systems on 150-mm and 200-mm-diameter substrates and systems such as: Physical and chemical vapor deposition; Ion milling and reactive ion etching and dee; Micro and nano-machining related techniques; Wet etch techniques and electroplating; Lithography pattern transfer (direct write laser, mask aligner and e-beam); Planarization and packaging; and Metrology and control;
- Experience in metrology tools and systems is valued;
- Experience with CAD and process design tools is valued;
- Experience in nanoimprint lithography is valued;
- Previous participation in collaborative national, international and/or industrial research projects;
- Good track of publications record in the area of micro and Nano engineering.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in the dissemination of results to the scientific community are expected;
- Capable of establishing collaborative ties with distinguished academic groups and relevant industry partners.
- English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required.
- Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.