We have a unique and exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of therapeutic antibody engineering at Roche. This temporary position opens due to a parental leave, and we are looking for a highly talented scientist that can fill this position essentially immediately.
You will be joining large molecule research (LMR), a technological unit within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). LMR is generating new antibodies according to a specific target compound profile, optimizes the identified lead series and develops a suited clinical lead candidate up to phase I trials.
Within LMR, you will be working in the department of In Vitro Display, a skilled and well-experienced team of Master- and PhD-level protein engineers from diverse backgrounds ranging from biology and (bio-)chemistry to biotechnology and structural biology. The department is specialized on bispecific antibodies called DutaFabs and their discovery, characterization and optimization.
What makes working in this department unique is the fact that an exceptionally broad range of scientific techniques is being applied, which also presents a great learning opportunity.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- The basis of your work will be the discovery of therapeutic antibodies using phage display and high-throughput screening
- Promising antibody candidates will be expressed, purified and characterized by a variety of methods with a particular focus on Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR)
- This will be followed by antibody optimization using affinity maturation and data-driven protein engineering
- Your tasks will comprise experimental design as well as the design and cloning of antibody affinity maturation and optimization libraries
- Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple other departments within LMR and represent your work in regular meetings
Who you are:
- You have brilliant analytical and problem solving skills and a strong passion for science
- Besides, you are well known for your integrity and your independent and motivated working style
- You hold a Ph.D.-level degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology (or related field)
- You have at least 3 years hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology and protein engineering
- Exceptionally qualified applicants with >8 years relevant experience but without a Ph.D. are also encouraged to apply
- Experience in in vitro evolution techniques like phage display, ribosome display or yeast display would be a strong plus
- Experience in computational approaches or general programming skills would also be an asset
- You are able to accurately record and efficiently communicate scientific data and ideas in English (Knowledge of the German language is not mandatory)
This position is fixed termed to one year.
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. All further relevant documents, such as certificates, reference letters etc. will be handled at a later stage.