The new Center for Stem Cell and Organoid Medicine (CuSTOM) at Cincinnati Children’s is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, clinicians and entrepreneurs using advances in developmental biology and stem cell technologies to revolutionize personalized medicine and improve patient care. The CuSTOM Accelerator laboratory is actively seeking a Director of Operations for Biotech Production.
The Director of Biotech Production is responsible for the overall operational management of the CuSTOM Accelerator Laboratory (CA). They will:
1. Work in close collaboration with the Scientific Directors specific to production lines (e.g., iPSC lines, organoids, cell-based therapies, and tissue engineering),
2. Oversee all day-to-day operations, including project and time line management, budget, personnel, facility management, and Quality Control.
3. Be responsible for ensuring the CA delivers all products in a timely, compliant, and fiscally responsible fashion.
4. Work with the production line Scientific Directors to: develop and enact strategic direction for the CA, including the determination of project priorities and time lines, and oversee all CA resources, including production, facilities, and quality control, meeting production goals.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
1. PhD or other advanced degree in in biological sciences, engineering, or similar field.
2. 7 years’ relevant experience including budget management, business development and management of staff in a biomedical research environment
3. 3 years of experience in bioprocess engineering or bioprocessing, including biological production operations, with a variety of product lines, and the scale-up of tissue culture techniques
Please submit your application to Dr. Michael Helmrath at Michael.Helmrath@cchmc.org and Misty Troutt at Misty.Troutt@cchmc.org with the following information: cover letter, CV and contact details for 3 referees.
Cincinnati Children’s Research Foundation
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) is a premier pediatric research institution with over 900 diverse and productive faculty members. Here, researchers work collaboratively across specialties and divisions to address some of the biggest challenges we face today in improving child health. A strong network of research support services and facilities, along with institutional commitment to research, push our team of faculty, postdocs and support staff to explore the boundaries of what is possible, leading to significant breakthroughs. We are driven by our mission to improve child health and transform the delivery of care through fully integrated, globally recognized research, education and innovation.
Cincinnati Children’s is a respected part of the broader, and very vibrant, Cincinnati community. With a thriving arts scene, numerous festivals celebrating music and food, a passionate fan following for our college and professional sports teams, and a variety of opportunities for outdoor activities, our region is truly a great place to work and live.
For specific questions, please contact the recruiter: Chantal Weaver – Chantal.Weaver@cchmc.org
To apply online go to: https://jobs.cincinnatichildrens.org/search/searchjobs and search for job (requisition) number: 105069
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. M/F/ Disability/ Veterans