At the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), creativity and excellence are fundamental to our success. As one of the world's largest philanthropies, HHMI is a major force in advancing biomedical research and science education in the U.S. and beyond. We have an exciting opportunity for a web developer working in the Information Technology department at our Headquarters in Chevy Chase, Maryland. This is a full-time position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Web Application Development, the web application developer must know Drupal inside and out with experience taking complex page designs and building out the required content types, frontend HTML/CSS/JS, and even writing custom modules as needed. The developer should be very familiar with commonly used Drupal modules, and understand the basic architecture for Drupal sites. Our clients appreciate high attention to detail when translating designs to code, so we prefer developers who have an eye for common user experience and design issues that crop up on both desktop and mobile implementations.
You will work alongside a skilled team of other web developers, and will collaborate with them on projects, following Agile/Scrum methodologies. Code reviews, quality assurance, and user-acceptance testing are all part of our process to ensure high caliber results.
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information technology.
- 5+ years of web development experience.
- 2+ of hands-on experience with Drupal 7/8.
- Strong fluency in PHP.
- Experience with source control systems, such as Git.
- Demonstrated proficiency of HTML/CSS/JS, with technologies such as LESS/SAAS, Bootstrap, Node/NPM/Gulp, and Angular/React.
- Experience with at least two other programming languages.
Please include links to source control or websites in your application to showcase your coding experience and skills.