Institute of Biomaterial Science
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
code no. 2019/B 4
The place of employment is Berlin (Germany).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de.
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on polymer-based biomaterials for (bio)medical applications. For our research project on the analysis of novel nanocarriers for cell engineering we are looking to immediately fill the position of a Postdoc (m/f/d). This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
- establishing and analysing novel carrier system of chemical and biological origin for the manipulation of stem and primary cells for the delivery of bioacive compounds, especially nucleic acids and proteins
- validation in cell culture systems of direct biomedical importance on the level of reporter gene as well as by directed differentiation (e. g. iPSC, multipotent cells, epithelial cells)
- tailoring of physical and chemical properties of the applied polymeric nanoparticle carriers to optimized their uptake and to reduce toxicity
- analysis of uptake pathways
- detailed documentation of results, work according to regulations of a quality management system
- contribute to scientific publications, presentations and patent applications
- successfully completed university degree in biology, biochemistry, or a related field with a Ph.D. in the topic area relevant to the task description
- a record of accomplishment of successful research and scientific publications in the above-mentioned research fields
- practical knowledge of current methods in cell and molecular biology
- familiarity with relevant analytical tools, esp. FACS, microscopy
- familiarity with the basics of nanoparticle and delivery technology
- outstanding organizational skills and a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- fluent English
- experienced in handling of MS Office and specialized scientific software
For further information please contact Dr. Manfred Gossen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the reference code number 2019/B 4, preferably via email in one file not exceeding 8 MB to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is April 9th, 2019.