Institute of Biomaterial Science
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Research Scientist / Engineer (m/f/d)
for polymer based cardiovascular devices
code no. 2019/B 3
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on the development of polymer-based biomaterials for medical applications. For our translational research on biomaterial-based medical devices for (pre-)clinical evaluation we are looking to fill the position of a Research Scientist / Engineer (m/f/d) latest by July 1st, 2019. This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
As a Research Scientist in an interdisciplinary project team in close cooperation with Clinical Scientists you will be responsible for
· CAD design of medical devices based on analysis of clinical imaging data
· design of setups for processing, characterization and functional evaluation of devices
· application of various polymer processing techniques including continuous processing, mixing, extrusion, molding, foaming, 3D printing and ablation techniques for shaping of polymers
· selection or design of proper instrumentation for project tasks
· analytical characterization of starting materials and products including mechanical testing, analysis of polymer structure, integrity and further material characteristics including impurities; planning and set-up of new methodologies
· training and supervision of technical staff and students
· successfully completed engineering degree (master level, university/university of applied science) in engineering, e.g. biomedical engineering, polymer processing technologies,etc.
· track record of experience in research and development in industry or PhD in the field of this call; hand-on skills in set-up and handling of instruments, design of processing setups (including CAD models) and process control
· extensive experience in processing and characterization of polymers and polymer-based devices with various techniques
· familiar with the quality and regulatory requirements for manufacturing and quality control of biomaterials/medical devices; work experience under a quality management system
· knowledge on clinical applications of medical devices in cardiology
· experience in computational fluid dynamics
· strong organizational and communication skills
· fluent business language in English or German, with a working knowledge of the other; international applicants are expected to continuously work on German language skills
· high level of personal commitment and stress resilience
· experienced handling of MS Office, CAD software and simulation software
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, references and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the reference code number 2019/B 3, preferably via email containing one file not exceeding 8 MB to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is April 5th, 2019.