Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
PostDoc – Metabolic Engineering (m/f/d)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Independent work on scientific projects as well as project support of current activities with focus on the establishment and optimization of industrial biotechnological processes
- Establish and improve biochemical and molecular biology methods for metabolic engineering, systems biology and process optimization
- Perform and evaluate cultivations to assess strains and process conditions
- Plan, perform and evaluate the scientific experiments, report results and progress
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary project groups across various functions
Who you are
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related area
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in latest micro- and molecular biology techniques
- Deep understanding of cell metabolism
- Experience in metabolic engineering and microbiological fermentation
- Expertise in bioanalytical techniques and assessments is of advantage
- Industry relevant biotechnological processes understanding desirable
- Creative and flexible thinking as well as high quality awareness
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German language skills are of advantage
This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.