EPFL and its School of Life Sciences SV is recruiting a new highly motivated Head of the Proteomics Core Facility, which provides to the local research community full service for the identification, characterization and quantitation of proteins, lipids and small molecules. The head of the facility directs a team currently composed of a staff of 5 colleagues, and manages the facility’s service work done on an extended park of state-of-the-art equipment in mass spectrometry and protein and small molecule separation. The facility runs on a fee-for-service principle.
Main duties and responsibilities include
- Manage in collaborations with the team the services of the Proteomics Core facility and lead the scientific and technical development strategies.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of the facility team and the execution of the customers’ projects.
- Advise the customers of the facility on technical aspects, project design, data interpretation and service costs.
- Contribute to drafting customers’ project proposals and research papers.
- Recognize important new technologies in the proteomics field, and evaluate their implementation at the facility in accordance with the needs of research groups.
- Coordinate with principal investigators the grant proposals for the acquisition of new equipment.
- Organize courses at the postgraduate level to share the knowledge of proteomics with graduate students and postdocs.
- Manage all budget (expenses, income from billing) and personnel aspects of the facility.
- PhD in a field relevant to proteomics and mass spectrometry .
- Strong background in the latest techniques of proteomics and mass spectrometry-based analysis of proteins, including targeted quantitative methods as well as different chemical labeling approaches such as SILAC and isobaric mass tag techniques.
- Interest to continuously develop and improve analytical methods in proteomics, lipidomics and metabolomics according to project demands.
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the latest state of the art Mass Spectrometry and UPLC systems.
- Good understanding of proteomics-related statistical methods and their application to large datasets and ability to utilize generic and dedicated software packages for the analysis of MS results.
- Proven organizational, analytical and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of approximately 5-6 members.
- Excellent ability to communicate with customers, team members and the senior management of the School. Very good communication in English is a must.
- A dynamic and international work environment in a multidisciplinary School
- Lead a dynamic and diverse team of highly-skilled specialists
- Competitive salary according to EPFL salary scales
How to apply
Applicants should use the link on our internal site
Please include a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, a publication list and names and addresses including Email of three references. Review of applications will start April 20 and continue until the position has been filled.
EPFL is an equal opportunity employer and a family friendly university.