Scientist – Molecular & Cellular Biology
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
We are seeking an ambitious and talented life scientist to join our biology team. Working alongside both computational and wet-lab scientists, the successful candidate will take the lead on developing cellular and animal models of various mendelian disorders of the eye, CNS, and liver. They will also develop and optimize assays to support target validation and preclinical proof-of-concept for our oligonucleotide therapeutics.
• A PhD in the biological sciences with at least 2 years of postgraduate experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting.
• Extensive experience with standard techniques in molecular and cell biology including, for example, DNA/RNA/Protein isolation and analysis, genetic manipulation of mammalian cells (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9), cloning, flow cytometry, IHC, etc.
• Previous experience working with any/all of the following is desirable: cellular/animal models of mendelian disorders, iPSCs, antisense oligonucleotides, and neural, retinal and liver organoids/spheroids.
• Superlative organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company.
• Comfort working with limited supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment.
What we offer:
• A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
• Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
• A bright, collegial, highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.