State-of-the-art medicine and nursing care you can rely on
Since being founded in 1815, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen has offered medicine of the highest standard and incorporated the latest insights from medical research and state-of-the-art equipment into diagnosis and therapy. More than 7,500 employees from approximately 50 different occupations are needed to provide the wide range of services offered by Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, ensuring that our patients receive the very best care around the clock.
for the Department of Surgery
The research group “Cellular immunity in inflammation and cancer” (AG Weber) at the Translational Research Center, Department of Surgery, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, will start a new project for liquid biopsy analysis (ctDNA, exosomes) of human gastrointestinal cancer disease funded by the German federal ministry of education and research.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious postdoctoral fellow with expertise in liquid biopsy analysis and a strong background in tumor immunology and molecular biology to lead this innovative research project. The successful candidate will establish and optimize in vitro (organoid cultures, exosomes) and ex vivo (FACS, ctDNA, exosomes) techniques, will perform state-of-the-art immunological analysis and will design innovative concepts for a precise liquid biopsy analysis of gastrointestinal cancer disease. The qualified applicant will publish scientific results in high-ranking journals and present the results at international conferences.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, immunology, or a related field, and have a track record of excellent first-author publications
- Excellent expertise in state-of-the-art immunological techniques including FACS analysis and sorting, molecular and cellular biology, in vitro (organoids, exosomes) experiments and ex vivo analysis, ELISA, Western, Microarray, NGS, cell cycle and proliferation assays
- Profound knowledge of cancer biology, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in English are mandatory
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV with publications, cover letter, certificates, expected availability date, and 2-3 references, until April 15th, 2019. Please submit your documents preferably via e-mail (in one single PDF document) to make the selection process faster and more effective.
- Pay grade is determined depending on qualifications and personal requirements according to TV-L E 13
- The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years
- The position is fulltime
- The starting date is 01.06.2019
- Deadline for applications: 15.04.2019
- A secure, interesting position as part of a motivated, open team
- A thorough and qualified induction, and support in your new challenge.
- Varied and responsible tasks with individual opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
- A wide range of services for promoting a healthy lifestyle
- All public service benefits, including supplementary benefits from the Federal and State Government Pension Fund (VBL)
- A family friendly environment and, if applicable, places in University accommodation
- Professional experience can be taken into account when calculating total period of employment
phone: +49 9131 85-39522
Chirurgische Klinik (AG Weber)
Translational Research Center