We are offering
Postdoc and PhD student positions (f/m/d) in pediatric cancer research
With more than 25 departments and 13 institutes (1,150 beds), the University Medical Center Ulm is a leading health care provider in southwest Germany. We provide inpatient treatment to about 44,000 patients each year. Our outpatient cases amount to approximately 60,000. We attach great importance to qualified employees who ensure extremely high quality in the treatment of our patients by the use of the latest scientific knowledge and who enjoy their work.
The positions are open immediately in the Section Experimental Pediatric Oncology (Head: Prof. Beltinger), within the large Research Laboratories of the Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (Head: Prof. Dr. K.M. Debatin).
The postdoc position will investigate cellular and molecular mechanisms of sensitivity and resistance of pediatric relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia to oncolytic measles virus, and will determine its safety in young and markedly immunocompromised animal hosts. One PhD thesis project will explore liquid biopsy of neuroblastoma by investigating secreted tumor variants from the mitochondrial and nuclear genomes. The second PhD thesis project will address the role of the PP2A phosphatase signalling pathway in maintaining neuroblastoma, and the efficacy of therapeutically targeting this pathway in the preclinical setting.
- Salary according to TV-L
- 3-year contracts, with extensions possible
- Very good scientific environment, broad repertoire of methods, supportive supervision and a friendly group
- Short-term visits to other labs in Germany and abroad
- Admission into the International Graduate School of Molecular Medicine Ulm is possible, as are certified training programs in lab animal work and recombinant DNA work
- For the postdoc position a recent PhD in Biology, Molecular Medicine or Biochemistry is required. Experience with standard methods of molecular and cellular biology (including quantitative RT-PCR, protein and enzyme analysis, immunohistochemistry and viral gene transfer), methods of experimental oncology (including in vitro assays for malignant transformation) and mouse tumor models (transgenic and xenotransplants) is expected. The postdoc will supervise students and technicians, and will interact with collaborators abroad. Fluency in German and English is required.
- For the PhD positions a recent Master’s degree in Molecular Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology is required. Previous exposure to experimental oncology and mouse work is advantageous.
Contract: Limited in time
Level of employment: Full- and part-time
Application form by: 31.03.2019
Are you interested?
To apply, please send your application to:
Prof. Dr. Christian Beltinger
Sektionsleiter Experimentelle Pädiatrische Onkologie
Universitätsklinik für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
Eythstr. 24, 89075 Ulm
Contact: Prof. Dr. Christian Beltinger, Tel. +49 (0) 731 500-57032 , e-mail: email@example.com
Die Einstellung erfolgt durch die Verwaltung des Klinikums. Schwerbehinderte Bewerber/Innen (w/m/d) werden bei gleicher Eignung vorrangig eingestellt. Das Universitätsklinikum Ulm strebt die Erhöhung des Frauenanteils in den Bereichen an, in denen sie unterrepräsentiert sind. Entsprechend qualifizierte Frauen werden um ihre Bewerbung gebeten. Vollzeitstellen sind grundsätzlich teilbar. Eine an die Befristung anschließende Weiterbeschäftigung ist möglich.