A proposal of Hokkaido University was selected as a new center project of the World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI) this October, we established “Institute for Chemical Reaction Design and Discovery (ICReDD)” aiming at establishing an excellent research environment and the world’s top level research.
We are inviting applications for the position of Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Specially Appointed Assistant Professor (Rubinstein lab), Institute for Chemical Reaction Design and Discovery (ICReDD), Hokkaido University as follows.
• Position and number of openings
Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Assistant Professor, one opening
(rank commensurate with experience)
• Employment Term
Initial five-year appointment
(Renewal of appointment may be offered until March 31, 2028.)
• Research Field
Polymer and soft matter physics
(1) PhD at the time of appointment
(2) Outstanding achievements and publications in the research fields of polymer and/or soft matter physics, statistical mechanics and/or molecular dynamics simulations
(3) Strong motivation for education, research and other duties related to the management of the ICReDD
(4) Ability to give lectures in the graduate and undergraduate courses
(5) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
(6) Ability to conduct research activities effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Desired Starting Date
As early as possible after acceptance is notified (yet, still negotiable)
The salary will be determined in accordance with the regulations of Hokkaido University.
• Application Materials
(1) Curriculum Vitae
- Free format with an attached profile photo of the applicant, the following information should be included: Name, current address, telephone number and Email address, Date of Birth, academic history, degree(s), license, career history, awards, membership of organizations etc.
- Applicant who has been employed by Hokkaido University from April 1, 2013 (any position, including Part-time Lecturer, Teaching Assistant, Teaching Fellow, Research Assistant and Short-term Support Assistant, etc.) should provide full details of your employment history.
(2) List of research activities, including original scientific papers, book chapters, other publications, presentations in scientific meetings, awards, and other relevant activities.
(3) List of at most five major publications (from the list above)
- the following information should be included: summary, role, number of citations
(4) Summary of past and current research (Two A4 pages or less)
(5) Statement of proposal for your future research (Two A4 pages or less)
(6) A list of three references (including the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses)
• Application Submission
Files including the documents above should be sent to the following e-mail address:
E-mail: recruit AT icredd.hokudai.ac.jp and cc to: mr351 AT duke.edu
- Change AT into @ when sending an e-mail.
Please put “Application for Specially Appointed Associate Professor (Assistant Professor) in ICReDD(Rubinstein_ lab)” in the subject box.
- Personal information will be exclusively used for the screening.
• Application Period
Until the post is filled.
For more details, please visit our website https://www.icredd.hokudai.ac.jp/