We are team of world-leading researchers, doctors, engineers, and enthusiastic professionals in corporate and scientific services (communications, IT, HR and financial experts to name a few!) from all corners of the world with one shared goal – to transform child health worldwide.
We have access to amazing facilities and technologies. We work with “rock stars of medical research” and we collaborate with countries all over the world for one purpose: We want all children to have the opportunity to live a healthy and fulfilled life.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a very diverse and inclusive organisation and we are inspired by people who are resourceful, imaginative, self-motivated, energised by making the world better, and who believe in the benefit of collective effort. Working here is interesting, challenging and rewarding. Our people are our biggest asset and we have a vast range of benefits to support them:
- Salary packaging
- Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness sessions
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program
Don’t take our word for it, check the link what our employees are saying! https://www.seek.com.au/companies/murdoch-childrens-research-institute-436169/reviews?jobId=37119409
About the Opportunity
Post-Doctoral Fellow/Research Officer
We are currently looking for a talented Post-Doctoral Fellow to join our innovative Drug Discovery team as part of MCRI’s new Disease Modelling and Drug Screening facility on a Full time, 2 year contract.
The vision of the facility is to accelerate drug discovery using a human screening platform from pluripotent stem cells. The combination of our comprehensive human models with high throughput screening systems and diversified modality drug libraries allows truth seeking results to potentiate clinical translation.
Our facility provides service to all groups within MCRI for tailored drug screens with diverse cell types or tissues including cardiac, kidney and blood. This is a very dynamic role that will focus on fundamental research outputs and intellectual property generation of novel medicines. You will pursue the identification and validation of novel targets in cardiac metabolism for the improvement of heart function. Alongside, you will contribute to the assay development for automated drug screening using kidney, skeletal muscle and blood organoids generated from induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Conduct and lead research projects for the identification of novel therapeutical drugs using stem cell models
- Strive toward the generation of high quality publications, research impact and peer recognition
- Attract external competitive funding
- Improve skill base in research productivity and methodology
- Contribute to the supervision of students and to the skill development of peers
- Undertake high calibre competitive research
- Follow standard operating procedures, study protocols and study guidelines
- Conduct continuous maintenance of neat and orderly records, log books and data storage
- Ensure high quality publication and presentation of research
- Represent the Institute at conferences in the field of expertise and contribute to appropriate internal and external committees and organisations
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant PhD/Doctoral qualification and relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with induced pluripotent stem cells culture and differentiation protocols
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools eg fluorescence imaging, FACS, western blots, qPCR, sequencing
- Experience with drug screening and automated systems
- Experience or interest in modified RNA synthesis
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent time management, organisational and analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has successfully written and continues to submit grant and ethics approval applications
- Demonstrated relevant computer skills
- Experience in knowledge sharing, development, mentoring and support of employees and students
- Evidence of high quality research outcomes, including but not restricted to publications and intellectual property;
Only applicants who address the key selection criteria will be considered. Please place your responses to the key selection criteria at the end of your cover letter. For more information on this position, please contact Dr Alejandro Hidalgo-Gonzalez: email@example.com
Please note, applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0007531036P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=16146&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=M6oyzd0zw0aMRxvt%2fVoySwb8Bqk%3d
Salary: $90,912 per annum plus superannuation plus salary packaging benefits.