National Institutes of Health/Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NIH/NICHD) in partnership with Wayne State University; Detroit, Michigan, conducts clinical and translational research in obstetrics and perinatal medicine.
Wayne State University is seeking an Epidemiologist to support the activities of this internationally renowned research institute. The Perinatology Research Branch has made pioneering contributions to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of complications of pregnancy, as well as the understanding of the mechanisms of disease.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• MD, PhD, or MD/PhD with training in perinatal epidemiology
• 5 years of experience in the field
• Expertise in the field demonstrated by post-Doctoral training, peer-reviewed original publications, and review articles
• Experience with the design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of observational studies (including cohort studies, case-control studies, and case-cohort studies)
• Working knowledge of the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of studies to identify biomarkers
• Experience with the analysis of longitudinal studies, preferably during pregnancy, and statistical techniques such as linear mixed-effects models, generalized estimating equations, and other tools used in the analysis of serial observations
• Evidence of academic productivity as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
• Ability to recruit talented individuals and assemble a team able to work in collaboration with clinicians and scientists in the generation of hypotheses, analysis of data, and dissemination of results in the form of original publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that will allow teaching of a course in perinatal epidemiology, journal club presentations, peer review and the drafting of manuscripts
• Proficiency with SAS, SPSS, and R software
• Knowledge and skills required for providing oversight to a data coordinating unit, including data collection, quality control, generation of data dictionaries, integration of data across different domains (i.e. demographic, clinical, birth certificates, laboratory results, and imaging)
• Track record demonstrating efficient time management and project management skills, within a set budget without cost over-runs
• Ability to work as part of a diverse, interdisciplinary research team
• Assist in the preparation of complex documents and reports for peer review, many of which require the visual display of data
Wayne State University and the Perinatology Research Branch offer an exceptional opportunity for academic growth for individuals committed to the pursuit of excellence.
Interested candidate visit www.hr.wayne.edu and apply to posting number 044169.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse global society. WSU encourages applicants from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. WSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.