MAX IV is currently in the process of building up several experimental stations. Together with R&D activities the lab currently has on the order of 100 separate projects or subprojects running internally, in various phases and degrees of resource use or waiting to be initiated. We are now looking for a Portfolio Manager to lead our project office. The mission for the project office is to define and implement processes to manage our portfolio of development projects.
Responsibilities for the project office
- Manage the portfolio of development projects at MAX IV according to priorities set by management.
- Coordinate MAX IV internal resources available for project activity
- Define deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor project progress
- Regularly communicate all aspects of project management necessary to meet project goals to project managers and resource owners
- Develop a risk management plan to minimize risk project delay
- Develop a comprehensive plan to measure and track project progress and performance.
- Coordinate and manage the portfolio documentation.
- Prepare regular reports for management regarding project status.
- Develop and implement project management structure and tools at MAX IV.
- We are looking for someone with great project management skills and several years of proven track record of managing a portfolio of large and complex projects at a major laboratory, scientific facility, or industrial facility.
- A university degree within engineering, physics, or related technical/scientific field.
- Extensive experience managing a large and diverse team of professionals.
- Organizational skills including awareness to details while maintaining the big picture.
- Previous experience of establishing a well-functioning project organization.
- Ability to make and execute project-critical and timely decisions within given mandate.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, in English
- As a person you are performance oriented setting high goals for yourself and others. But still aware that being successful in this role you will need to have a talent for leading and motivating others, creating commitment and participation so that goals will be reached. You will report directly to MAX IV management.
Probationary period may apply.