Taconic Biosciences is seeking a
Scientific Program Manager (m/f/d; Ph.D.)
An exciting opportunity to make a difference in human health by providing the best, most relevant mouse and rat models to researchers in the life science community is currently available.
We are Taconic Biosciences, a life sciences company supporting research to find treatments and cures for disease. Our scientific services team focuses on developing the best solutions for customers with regards to developing new rodent models and providing colony management. Major pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies of all sizes, and leading universities depend on us for high quality products and services that are essential to the drug discovery process.
Taconic Biosciences has been a leading provider of rodent research models for over 60 years. Through all six decades, we’ve had a singular mission – to make a difference in human health by providing the best, most relevant mouse and rat models to researchers in the life science community. Why? Because better models are more predictive, leading to greater insights into diseases and their treatments.
As a Scientific Program Manager (m/f/d; Ph.D.) at Taconic Biosciences you work in a team-based environment to identify and cultivate target customers and markets and to provide high-quality solutions to a growing client-base.
Your main tasks will be to:
• Articulate Taconic’s industry-leading capabilities in the generation of custom genetically engineered rodent models
• Provide creative solutions for customers that leverage Taconic’s extensive toolbox to deliver mutual value for both customers and Taconic through complete, compelling, and feasible technical and business solutions
• Develop collaborative customer relationships with lead scientists, directors, outsourcing managers, procurement, CEOs and other key decision makers and opinion leaders
• Work as a team with colleagues including account managers, scientific program managers, project managers and other subject matter experts to:
- Increase our business with existing customers
- Understand the market and develop strategic and tactical plans to partner with new customers
• Participate in product management, development and process refinement by working closely with our operations and marketing groups
• Travel internationally with focus on the European markets
Your qualifications are:
• Ph.D. in Genetics, Molecular Biology or similar discipline
• Experience in the design principles, application, and execution of genetic modification and editing in rodents (e.g. homologous recombination in embryonic stem cells and CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing). Three to five years of relevant experience and/or training required
• Experience with therapeutic or scientific disciplines such as immunology, oncology, infectious disease, inflammation, neurodegeneration and familiarity with the assays and genetically engineered models used in drug discovery research in these fields
• Experience in the principles of experimental science and laboratory practice
• Experience in the development, execution and leading of specialized projects in a technical field
• Project leader or program director experience (or equivalent) in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry would be advantageous
• Strong communication skills in English. Knowledge of German language is desirable
• Dedication to team work and team leadership
• Proven ability to work independently
This position is based in Cologne, Germany but could also be home based.
Taconic Biosciences offers opportunities for career advancement, a competitive salary and more. If you are motivated by new opportunities and seek a stimulating working environment within the life sciences industry, we invite you to join our international team of talented scientists.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application (CV, motivation letter, references, salary expectation and notice period) by E-mail (Reference # 2019-10) to:
Neurather Ring 1