The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Research Project Manager position is impact the department's research-specific scientific initiatives.
The salary range is min $ 59,200 mid $ 74,200 max $ 88,800.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
* Plans, executes, manages and completes medium to large projects that address the operational needs of a leading research laboratory focused on cancer biology on the basic and translational levels.
* Develops and manages resources and ensures appropriate management and personnel involvement for life of project.
* Drafts grant proposal documents and progress reports, and manages development/submission timeline in collaboration with grant managers.
* Maintains animal and human subject protocols.
5. Material Transfer Agreements:
* Initiates and monitors the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) process for the distribution and acquisition of research materials.
Required: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Four years experience in scientific or experimental research to include two years as a project manager. With preferred degree, two years scientific or experimental research experience to include one year as a project manager.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html SONJ
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 59,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 74,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 88,800