Scientific Review Officer
Great Side Gig or part-time position for a PhD Scientific Review Officer for metastatic breast cancer non-profit. This is an independent contractor position and the hours vary depending on annual grant cycle. On average it is 10 hours per week.
• Organize and oversee the grant review process for METAvivor’s Early Career Research Award, Main Research Award, and Founder’s Award
• Edit the online research proposal submission tool (grant portal) to open and manage funding calls
• Prepare and edit RFPs annually
• Coordinate Scientific Advisory Board meeting calendar for virtual meetings
• Identify appropriate peer reviewers (professional and patient) and provide review instruction
• Assign reviewers to Letters of Intent and full proposals
• Oversee grant score entry and proper peer review assessments
• Develop a list of top proposals for each award and summarize each for presentation to the board and Scientific Advisors
• Respond to reviewer questions and concerns
• Manage progress and final reports
• Distill reports into lay terminology for website
• Interface with PIs to obtain required reporting
• Assist with grant contracting and agreements
To express interest, please email a cover letter explaining how your skills are a fit for the position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.