The Arctic Interactions tenure track programme includes five recruitment packages of a tenured principal investigator and for each appointed professor a start-up packages for hiring a postdoctoral fellow and a PhD student. We invite strong candidates from various scientific fields such as hydrology, ecology, biology, geography, geology, paleoclimatology, environmental sciences, environmental engineering, architecture, social sciences, archaeology, cultural studies etc.
The University of Oulu seeks to fill the programme in five broad areas :
- Earth system sciences, ecohydrology and human societal resiliency
- Biodiversity change and ecosystem health
- Resource management in Arctic environment
- Cultural histories and traditional knowledge of resource use
- Arctic architecture and environmental adaptation