The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg invites applications for an:
Assistant Professor in Computational Genomics (m/f)
at the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB)
- Ref. : I1-50015140-(R-STR-4043-00-B)
- Fixed-term contract 5 years (tenured position)
- Full-time position (40hrs/week)
- Earliest starting date: September 2019
- Employee status
About the University of Luxembourg and LCSB
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. It is a multicultural and modern European research university with a personal atmosphere. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary research, the University of Luxembourg strives for international excellence as well as regional relevance. The University of Luxembourg offers a competitive package and an international research and teaching environment.
The newly recruited professor will join the LCSB – an interdisciplinary research centre within the University of Luxembourg. At LCSB we accelerate biomedical research by closing the link between systems biology and medical research. Collaborations between biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, physicists, engineers and mathematicians offer new insights in complex systems essential for understanding principal mechanisms of disease pathogenesis and for developing new tools in diagnostics and therapy.
We are looking for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the field of Computational Genomics to establish a group aiming at integrative genome analysis across different types of data from functional to clinical genomics and reaching out to disciplines like epidemiology, health economy, environmental and socio-economic research. The group will also be expected to support clinicians and bench scientists in the area of big data driven personalized medicine with state-of-the-art information technology solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership for the advancement of genomics research and platform services at LCSB.
As a Professor at the University of Luxembourg you will:
- Lead a research group on Computational Genomics at LCSB;
- Develop a research programme on cutting edge genome analysis that bridges between disciplines and data types;
- Develop methods and infrastructure for reproducible, secure, and efficient high-throughput NGS analysis;
- Support the research of LCSB with state-of-the-art genome analysis;
- Contribute to relevant undergraduate and graduate teaching.
For questions please contact:
Prof. Reinhard Schneider
Deputy Director of the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine
Campus Belval | Biotech II
6, avenue du Swing
- PhD in data science, bioinformatics or biology with post-doctoral experience in bioinformatics and/or computational biology;
- Experience in the analysis of genomics, epigenomics and single cell sequencing data;
- Experience with efficient data integration and knowledge management technologies;
- Experience in setting up and managing reproducible analysis pipelines;
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments;
- Proven leadership and teaching record;
- Track record of grant writing and acquiring external funding;
- International experience, connections to international consortia and strong involvement in the collaborative projects;
- Experience with clinical, translational and biomedical domain and/or links to environmental and ecosystems biology is a plus;
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal skills and collaborative spirit are required;
- Ability to effectively organise, prioritise and execute tasks in a highly dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly the scientific and technical; needs and to work within an interdisciplinary and international setting, communicating with other internal and external partners.
- The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and in one of the two official languages of Luxembourg: French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other official language and provides access to language courses to this end.
- A fully funded position with competitive remuneration. In addition, an initial starting package of 600.000 Euros split over 5 years, which will afterwards be transferred to a performance-based group budget.
- The position at the Assistant Professor level follows Luxembourg’s tenure-track scheme foreseen by University Law of June 27, 2018 and the related internal regulations according to which the initial appointment is a fixed-term contract. Upon successful evaluation of the projects, the candidate will be offered a permanent position.
- Highly engaged and motivated staff in a positive and dynamic international and interdisciplinary working environment.
- Participate in the building of state-of-the-art translational medicine platform to enable precision medicine.
How to apply
Candidates are welcome to send their complete application per e-mail to LCSB.Bioinf.firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2019 at the latest. Please mention the job post reference in the subject field.
The following documents (in English) are requested to be submitted:
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a list of publications, courses taught, research grants, industry collaborations and experience, patents, as well as management and administrative positions held;
- A cover letter including a statement highlighting scientific, educational, and other activities of particular significance for this position as well as a projection of your plans on how to fill this position;
- A list of three references including their contact information and current positions. Please indicate their relationship to you; (the referees will be contacted only upon approval from the candidate);
Any additional material highlighting significant publications, success in obtaining research funding, industry contacts and collaborations, experience in management positions within a university or research centre, as well as other relevant qualifications and achievements are appreciated.
The University is an equal opportunity employer.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/22ipm