Providence is calling a Full Time, Day Shift Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellow to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
• Lead projects focused on the epi-transcriptome, DNA methylome, and chromatin accessibility variations during breast cancer dynamic adaptation to metastasis niches and drug resistance phenotypes.
• Perform genomic and epigenomic profiling, functional culture assays, and molecular biochemistry analysis related to projects.
• Perform genetic perturbations and epigenome editing using the CRISPR system.
• Scientific research manuscript and grant writing.
• Guide technicians and postdoctoral fellow research.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• MD and/or PhD in molecular oncology, human epigenomics, molecular biology, or a related field.
• At least two years of postdoctoral work experience in cancer research pertinent to translational epigenomic/genomic research studies.
• Strong background in molecular biology, preferably related to epigenomics or epi-transcriptomics.
• Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of genetics, genomics, and cancer research or related.
• Experience in basic molecular genetic laboratory assays such as cell culture, sequencing, primer/probe designing, etc.
• Experience in performing in silico data mining and sequence analysis interpretation.
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John’s Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute’s mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
When applying online, please reference job number 211228.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.