Under the responsability of a group leader within the « in vitro Biology » department, you will be in charge of the following tasks :
- Support projects using your cell and biochemical biology, target validation, assay development and drug discovery expertise in oncology
- Proactively provide expert scientific contributions in multiple projects to respond to costumers demands.
- Implement and develop oncology expertise, know-how and capabilities within the in vitro biology group at * Evotec Toulouse, working together with other leaders in the field within the company
Independently collect, analyze, review and summarize data for presentations or reports to internal or external audiences in a timely fashion as well as be involved in dealing with project resources and budget.
- Lead a team of skilled research and technical assistant for the development of programs by providing scientific and technical support.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced discovery-oriented environment, and at the interface of several departments and sites.
- Minimum of PhD
- Expertise in the field of assay development, drug discovery and target identification/validation
- A deep understanding of the disease area of oncology is required with a background in in vitro pharmacology
- Experience in managing a team
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
- Ability to design research projects including short-term and long-term experimental plans, needs assessment, plannings, studies follow up (timelines, costs, deliverables)
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership skills and entrepreneurial behaviors to develop Oncology science, targets and leads with her/his counterpart in the translational biology department.
Fluency in English needed and ability to speak French desired
- Over 5 years experience post-PhD is required
- Drug discovery & Oncology expertise mandatory, in pharmaceutical industry or biotechs environment
- Records and accomplishements in project management involving clients/partners is preferred.
- Team management is required