A promising approach in human genetic research and drug discovery is the study of human diseases and their treatments by pairing data in Electronic Health Records (EHR) with high-resolution genetic data. Not only we could understand how the manifestations of human diseases and the subtypes are associated with the genetic mutations, we are now in a position to leverage such resources to discover novel drug targets and predictive biomarkers for better patient response. In this position, you will have the opportunity to join our Data Science team at Roche Innovation Center New York and mine our large collections of real-world and in-house integrated clinical and genomics data. You will investigate molecular mechanisms underlying cancer biology, drug response and resistance by exploring data resources such as Flatiron-FMI data marts where real world phenotypes and the deep genetic characterizations of patients are readily available and linked. You will work with both experimental and computational biologists, and use your own creative mind in the discovery of next generation medicine by applying your biological knowledge and advanced analytical skills, e.g., statistics, machine learning, and biological pathway analysis.
• Identify and apply appropriate analytical methods to analyses.
• Apply molecular and cancer immunology knowledge to interpret results, create ideas of new hypotheses and convey new insights in cancer biology.
• Present work internally and at conferences.
• Publish in peer-reviewed journals.
• Ph.D. in biology- or data-related sciences such as Molecular Biology, Biomedicine, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science.
• Knowledge and experience in cancer immunology and genetics are highly desirable. Additional knowledge and experience in epidemiology or analysis of EHR data is a plus.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills in statistics, machine learning and predictive modeling.
• Proficient in analysis programming skills (e.g. R or Python) and SQL.
• A creative self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills.