The Shlomi Lab is looking for excellent and enthusiastic graduate students (M.Sc and Ph.D) as well as post-doctoral fellows interested in cancer metabolism and systems biology. Candidates should have background in Biology and/or quantitative background in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
The lab studies how cellular metabolism is rewired in cancer cells and how this can be exploited for cancer diagnosis and treatment. Towards this end, we combine quantitative experimental approaches with computational modelling. We expertise in mass-spectrometry based metabolomics, isotope tracing techniques, metabolic network modelling, and ‘omics’ data analysis.
Research projects involve:
• Develop approaches to observe cellular metabolism at a single cell level, a subcellular compartment level, and throughout the cell cycle
• Reveal metabolic rewiring due to genomic mutations in cancer
• Cancer immunometabolism
• High-throughput analytical metabolomics screening approaches
• Cancer diagnostic methods via metabolomics and machine learning
• Study cancer metabolic rewiring via ‘Omics’ data analysis
For inquiries please contact Prof. Tomer Shlomi: email@example.com