The “Erfurt Research Centre for Horticultural Crops” was established in 2019 at the Erfurt University of Applied Sciences, in close cooperation with the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena. This centre harbours four research groups and an administrative unit. We are applying modern bioscience approaches and methods to answer scientific questions that arise from current challenges of horticultural plant production. Within the project “Molecular Genetics in Plant Breeding of Horticultural Crops”, we are offering a full-time position as scientist in the field of phytopathology. The holder of this position will determine the physiological and genetic mechanisms of tolerance and resistance between the ornamental crop hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla) and the pathogen Botrytis cinerea.
Research Assistant (PhD) − Phytopathology
Reference number: FGK 17
This position is limited until December 31th, 2023. The option exists of a contract elongation until December 31th, 2028, depending a positive interim evaluation of the research centre.
- Establish a screening system for Botrytis tolerance/resistance in hydrangea
- Develop and perform high through-put phenotyping and genotyping of hortensia F1 populations
- Determine and analyse candidate genes for Botrytis tolerance/resistance
- Publish and present research findings in international journals and on international meetings
- Write proposals for third-party fund raising
- Interact with other research teams
- Master or diploma (university) degree in biology or related sciences, PhD is of advantage
- Advanced knowledge in phytopathology, molecular biology, bioinformatics (skills in R are of advantage)
- Experience in plant transformation (gene editing)
- Publications in international journals
- Excellent communication skills in English
For further details contact Dr. Conny Tränkner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salary is based on personal qualifications up to pay category 13 TV-L. We are looking for having more women at our university and are therefore particularly grateful for applications of women. Persons with severe disabilities will be preferred for employment in the event of other qualifications being equal.
Send your application (in English or German language) with CV, letter of motivation, certifications and references until February 28th, 2019 under reference number FGK 17 to
Dezernat Personal und Recht
Postfach 45 01 55
For cost reasons you are requested to send application documents in copy form. The documents of applicants, which were not considered, will be destroyed after the selection process. If you wish them back, you can enclose a return envelope with sufficient postage. Costs arising from the application will not be refunded.