The “Erfurt Research Centre for Horticultural Crops” was established in 2019 at the Erfurt University of Applied Sciences, in close cooperation with the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena. The centre harbours four research groups and an administrative unit. We are applying modern bioscience approaches and methods to answer scientific questions that arise from current challenges of horticultural plant production. Within the project “Control of development and growth in horticultural crops”, which uses Petunia hybrida as model amongst other crops, we are offering a full-time position as scientist in the field of molecular plant physiology. The holder of this position will analyze the control of developmental phase transition and its influence on specific plant developmental processes.
Research Assistant (PhD) − Molecular Plant Physiology
Reference number: FGK 20
The position is limited until December 31th, 2023. The option exists of a total contract period until December 31th, 2028, subject to the positive interim evaluation of the research centre.
- Establishment and use of an experimental system studying the control of ontogenesis and its influence on specific developmental processes
- Use of Agrobacterium-mediated transformation and establishment of CRISPR/Cas Gene Editing
- Determination of molecular and physiological factors controlling ontogenesis-mediated plant development
- Evaluation and publication of research findings in international journals and on international meetings
- Write proposals for third-party fund raising
- Interaction with other research teams
- Master or diploma (university) and degree and PhD in biology or related sciences
- Advanced knowledge in molecular plant physiology
- Experience in the use of modern tools for transcriptome analysis and modification of gene expression
- Publications in international journals
- Excellent communication skills in English, in German desired
For further details contact PD Dr. Uwe Druege (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salary is based on personal qualifications up to pay category 13 TV-L. We are looking for having more women at our university and are therefore particularly grateful for applications from women. Persons with severe disabilities will be preferred for employment in the event of other qualifications being equal.
Send your application (in English or German language) with letter of motivation, CV, certifications and references until February 28th, 2019 under reference number FGK 20 to
Dezernat Personal und Recht
Postfach 45 01 55
For cost reasons you are requested to send application documents in copy form. After the selection process has been concluded, the documents of applicants not considered will be destroyed. If you wish them to be returned, we ask you to enclose a return envelope with sufficient postage. Costs arising through the application will not be refunded.
We process the personal data you provide in accordance with Section 27 ThürDSAnpUG-EU (Thuringian Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU).