The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from Ph.D. holders in the general area of applied cryptography. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT. Cryptolux/SnT team is currently doing research in cryptography, blockchain (distributed ledgers) and privacy. For further information you may check: http://www.securityandtrust.lu, and http://www.cryptolux.org.
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Cryptography (M/F)
- Ref: 50013941- (R-STR-5015-00-B)
- Fixed Term Contract 1 year (CDD) (extension possible), full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 1
- Start day: 1 June 2019 or later upon agreement.
The successful candidate will join the CRYPTOLUX group led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. He or she will contribute to a research project on future directions in cryptography and IT security and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in one or more of the following topics:
- Financial cryptography, cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Providing guidance to Ph.D. and M.Sc. students
- Coordinating research projects
- Attracting funding in cooperation with academic and industrial partners
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
Good development skills in C and/or C++ and scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
The University offers a one year employment contract (extendable). The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a large IT security- focused research center (>250 people).
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, photo, work experience, publications)
- Brief cover letter and research statement indicating topics of interest and your motivation to apply for the position (max 1 page)
- Contact information for 3 referees
- Deadline for applications: 28 February, 2019.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.