Who we are
Founded in 1794, École Polytechnique is France’s leading institution in science and technology. Since its founding, the university has borne a long tradition of scientific excellence. Researchers, professors and alumni from École Polytechnique have received prestigious awards and distinctions including Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals. With our 22 laboratories, we constantly renew our original commitment to scientific excellence through research. At École Polytechnique, we strive to attract the best researchers in the world that is why we have opened a 5-year PhD program designed for outstanding students.
Students work closely with academic tutors who will oversee their progress and help design their training with regards to their own interests and goals.
The first two years of the program are based on a customized selection of taught modules and lab experiences to equip students to give students the tools to continue with a three-year long challenging research projects leading to a PhD degree.
Direct access to the program in the second year of the MSc may also be considered (4-year PhD program).
Students involved in the PhD program benefit from the attention and expertise of renowned experts in the following areas of research:
- Applied Mathematics: Partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamics, Interacting Particles, Numerical analysis and numerical Probability, Statistical learning and Computational Statistics, Optimal Control and Differential Games, Automatics and Robotics, Inverse Problems, Applications to Mechanics, Physics, Evolution and Population Dynamics, Biology, Economics, Finance, Shape Optimization, Signal and Image Analysis, Data Science.
- Biology: Biology and Interfaces
- Chemistry: Molecular chemistry, Chemistry of materials
- Computer Science: Algorithms, Complexity, Combinatorics, Constraints and optimization; Bioinformatics; Concurrent and Distributed Systems, Security and Networks; Control (Hybrid) and Cyber-Physical Systems; Symbolic Computation, Proofs and Types, Verification.
- Economics: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Financial Economics, Economic Theory, Experimental Economics, Behavioral Economics, Game Theory, Industrial Organisation, International Trade, Spatial Economics, Public Economics, Public Finance, Labour Economics.
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Humanity and Socialsciences: Sciences and Technology History, Business and Corporate History, Political Science, Ethics and Philosophy, Literature and Sciences, Cultures and Globalization.
- Mechanics: Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Environmental and Geophysical Science, Bio-Mechanics.
- Physics: Physics of the Two Infinities, High-Energy Physics; Optics, Lasers, and Plasmas; Nanoscience, Nanotechnology, Information, and Communications; Condensed Matter, Materials, Energy.
- Pure Mathematics: Algebra & Number Theory, Analysis & Partial Differential Equations, Geometry & Dynamical systems.
Annual scholarship in year 1 and 2: €10,000
Minimum monthly stipend in year 3 to 5: €1,758(gross)
How to apply
Applications are open until March 08, 2019. For more information on postgraduate studies, visit our dedicated website https://www.polytechnique.edu/programmedoctoral/fr/presentation.
To apply :
https://formulaires.polytechnique.fr/candidature/login/home.html (Master+PhD program)