The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our center, researchers want to force a breakthrough in the cure of neuronal and neurodegenerative disorders. Starting from a deep understanding of normal brain and nerve function and a profound insight in the mechanisms underlying the development of disease, the center aims at developing novel therapeutic strategies. As such our center is committed to translate basic research findings into value for society.
To support the translational research projects in our center, we are looking for a highly motivated and flexible research technician. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing experiments aimed at the validation of novel disease targets, developing the tools necessary for drug discovery projects, such as setting up screening assays to test novel therapeutic molecules and purifying target proteins. In addition, the research technician will help to coordinate interactions with the drug discovery unit of the institute (VIB Discovery Sciences) and core facilities.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- You are willing to work with rodent animal models. A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- You must have experience with molecular biology, cell culture and biochemistry.
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work - and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be able to adjust to different topics rapidly as you will work on different projects and within different research teams.
- You must be meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated, yet be able to interact well with other members of the research teams, including industrial scientists.
- You are eager to expand your skills in assay development for drug screening and to learn about the process of drug development.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please use the VIB HR Application tool
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- names and contact information of 3 references
- motivation letter describing previous research experience
For more information: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org